East Stroudsburg University, a comprehensive university in northeastern Pennsylvania offering 58 undergraduate and 22 graduate degrees, is one of the 14 institutions in the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education. East Stroudsburg Normal School opened it doors on September 4, 1893. A faculty of 15 greeted a group of 320 students who had entered the two-year programs in elementary and science education. Although the Normal School was originally privately owned, ownership was transferred to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in 1920, and the name was changed to East Stroudsburg State Normal School.
In 1927, the right to confer the degrees of bachelor of science in education and bachelor of science in health education was granted, and the school's name then became the State Teachers College at East Stroudsburg. In 1960, the college's name was changed to East Stroudsburg State College, reflecting the addition of liberal arts and science curricula. In November 1982, the State System of Higher Education was authorized by Senate Bill 506. The college officially became East Stroudsburg University on July 1, 1983.
Pocono Medical Center is a mid-sized, not-for-profit community hospital offering acute care for Monroe and surrounding county residents.
The ESSA Heart and Vascular Institute offers the full breadth and depth of cardiovascular services, including diagnostic cardiac catheterization, cardiac angioplasty, open-heart surgery, and minimally invasive heart procedures as well as vascular surgery and cardiac rehabilitation services.
The Dale and Frances Hughes Cancer Center at PMC offers a variety of treatments and alternatives, including state-of-the-art radiation therapy equipment. The Center operates as a member of the Jefferson Cancer network and therefore provides our oncologists access to the latest and proven treatment protocols, clinical trials, and educational support
As of November 1, 2008, Pocono Medical Center is a fully accredited Level III Trauma Center, equipped to provide life saving care around the clock for local patients and visitors. The Mattioli Emergency Center at PMC continues to be one of the busiest ERs in the state, attending to the needs of more than 90,000 patients annually.
PMC's comprehensive maternal and child care services offer a family-centered approach which allows for many progressive features including family-member participation at birth, modified rooming-in, and extended visiting hours for immediate family, including grandparents and siblings. Our growing orthopedic and spine care services allow patients suffering from chronic back pain a variety of choices ranging from delicate spinal surgery to pain management techniques and medication therapies.
• Ahead to the Future – Most people don’t realize all of the unusual facets that Pocono has concerning its location and its structure. Pocono is in the Magic Triangle – New York, Philadelphia and Pocono Raceway are all 90 miles away from each other – with New York as the #1 TV market and Philadelphia as the #4 TV market. Pocono is within 200 miles of 60 million people and when you consider that the average NASCAR Sprint Cup fan travels 300 miles, we are in the highest population density of any other Sprint Cup track. Our unusual triangular configuration is conducive to many lead changes especially with the longest straightaway and the widest main straight with the longest and widest Pit Road. All of these features give Pocono uniqueness – a very enjoyable difference.
• Back to the Good Old Days – In the early 1900's auto racing began by racing automobiles around horse racing tracks at fairgrounds, along with all the ambiance of the state fairs, all kinds of food, picnics, clowns, jugglers, acrobats, bands with lots of different music – that’s what you’ll see at Pocono with our Back to the Good Old Days motto. We thank all of you who have helped us to arrive at this point, especially Bill France Sr. and Annie B., who convinced us to stay the course.
Find impressive savings at Adidas, Ann Taylor, Banana Republic, BCBG Max Azria, Calvin Klein, Coach, Chico's, Cole Haan, DKNY, Gap Outlet, Guess, J.Crew, Kenneth Cole, Michael Kors, Nautica, Nike, Polo Ralph Lauren, Reebok, Under Armour and more.
About Mount Airy Casino Resort The lakeside Mount Airy Casino Resort is located in the heart of the beautiful Pocono Mountains. The casino resort features a mix of more than 2,075 of the latest slot machines and hottest table games. Dining options at the resort include red Steakhouse, offering prime aged steaks and the freshest seafood; Le Sorelle Cucina, offering Italian delicacies; Betty's Diner, featuring All-American dining for breakfast, lunch and dinner; The Buffet at Mount Airy, featuring seven distinct stations and our Sunday Signature Brunch.
The casino resort's upscale Gypsies Lounge & Nightclub, which offers a mix of live bands and other acts, has one of the best sound systems in the Mid-Atlantic region. The Spa at Mount Airy provides guests with a range of invigorating spa treatments, including facials, skin treatments, hair styling, personalized massages and more. The 18-hole golf course set in the mountainous terrain offers a challenge to golfers of all skill levels and offers spectacular vistas.
For 57 years, the Land of Make Believe has been entertaining families from the tri-state area. Family favorites include our million dollar Action River Ride, the Brand New Ferris Wheel, a Roller Coaster, Buccaneer Pirate & Wading Pool, Tilt-A-Whirl, Civil War Locomotive, Hayride, Old McDonald's Farm, Middle-Earth Theater, "Black Hole" #1 Rated Waterslide, Grand Carousel, Sidewinder, Pirates Fort, Pirates Cannonball, Pirate's Plunge, Jump Around Frog, Free Fallin', Mining Company and Lots, Lots More.
As New Jersey's Premiere Family Amusement & WaterPark, the Land of Make Believe features Safe and Wholesome recreation, entertainment and activities for real families like yours. You'll find Exciting Rides, Shows, Attractions, Games, WaterPark, and Picnic Area on over 30 acres. The Land of Make Believe and Pirate's Cove has been designed exclusively for an action-packed day of special family fun for parents and their children.
The Land of Make Believe is located in northwest New Jersey, 60 miles west of New York City, and 10 miles east of the Delaware River just off Route 80, exit 12. Nestled in the foothills of the famous Jenny Jump Mountains and State Park, the Land of Make Believe is a landmark in the historic town of Hope. Only one hour from the Lincoln Tunnel or George Washington Bridge, 90 minutes from Philadelphia or Scranton, PA.
• 40 miles of calm river
• 67,000 acres of valley
• The world-famous "Water Gap"
• 100 miles of trails along streams, ridges, and mountains
• 27 miles of the Appalachian Trail
• Bountiful wildlife
• Waterfalls and rhododendron ravines
• 200 miles of scenic roadways
• Historic villages
• 200 structures from the valley's colonial and recent past
• A park formed by a river's might and a people's conservation conviction
The "Niagara of P